Saturday, November 23, 2019

Shanghai

Shanghai, a city that outshines many cities, is now my new home. In the last 14 months since I got back to the city, I gradually let "the city" switched from San Francisco, to Shanghai, both are romantic, brutal, unsatisfying, but here in shanghai, I feel constant peace with my aging parents by my side, work is equally if not more important to me than before, but in a few years, I will say goodbye to my 40s, I will do many things that a man has to but a man like me has delayed thus far to do. As I'm typing these words, I wonder, what is the language I feel most comfortable expressing? Where is my destination? What is "peace" for me? In a corner of shanghai, I sip coffee and American music at a french bakery in a neighborhood popular with westerners, it feels slightly strange. I am drawn to this spot almost every week, yet, I feel blocking western culture purposefully, including language, but its more natural to write in a language that's not mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home