Sunday, June 05, 2011

Saturday's soul

I had doubts about getting older and not being able to have fun on a Saturday night like I used to. My doubts vaporized like water drops falling on a sizzling pan when I threw myself into the melting pot of saturday night soul dance party at Elbo.

I am writing this blog post with smiles on my face. I don't remember anything happy lately that could put a sincere smile on my face. I have not been truly happy for a long time.

When the beats hit, lights became dim, floor began to shake, with beautiful eyes sparkling, colorful hair flying: this was my element! I had $3 tacate on my hand, I danced in my vneck tshirt that so white its glowing. I knew I was happy, I knew the true smile and happiness are shown. And girls can smell it. Before I knew, a beautiful blonde girl turned to face me and started dancing with me, I touched her fingers, raised her hand, and embrace her hip, and before I knew, we were moving in a wave as if we were all lost in the ocean with no name. She was moving as I was, she was turning as I was, round and round. Her sparkling eyes, her blond hair, her beautiful curvy body leaning closely against mine, we did not speak, no need. We simply glanced at each others, we simply turned as one turned.

"Thank you for dancing with me" I smiled at her in the midst of 60s soul. She smiled with no words.

This is the happiness I loved but have missed for a long time. I saw a beautiful American girl dressed in 60s or maybe even 40s attire, danced away with another much more handsome (than me) Asian boy. I could not hide my smile. The world is perfect. Just perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home