Monday, September 06, 2004

Following a girl across pacific

Felicity is my favorite show. It's about this girl who followed her high school prince charming that she didn't even know to NYC, giving up doctor career and Stanford education, to constantly search the meaning of her young life. I have never thought about that, but all of sudden, that's what I did coming to America! Revisit a long article I wrote on 1995 after learning my long term dream girl came to America for her education, I wrote and wrote, nostop for 10 pages. The second day I registered for TOFEL, the next year I registered for GRE, 2 years later, I came to America from New Mexico to Sillicon Valley, it all started with her. I followed her all these long. She was beautiful, sexy, even worse, she was brilliant, she studied at best colleges and often talked about top 3 ranking in the class and ball room dance and dating doctorate student all that fancy stuff. Me? I was just another guy that she was interested in and curious about, for some reason. But I didn't have anything comparing to all that fantacy, I went to no-name third college at some barren suberb, I often had to hide my school name just not to disclose it to be laughed. My parents had low expectation for me, after I had been always a disappointment for things they wanted me to be. It was her that challenged me to challenge myself: a decent guy should not have done worse than her. That was my reaction, I hided my affection for her, not love, but definetely a bit of a crush. I have always tried to prove myself that I can do better, if I wanted to. Now everything has been proven, to her, to all my classmates that I am a decent guy. The only thing, and most important is to prove it to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home