Monday, August 09, 2004

It felt good to be a star

It's been 11 years since I last time run for my team. Almost exactly the same happend, in 4x400m relay, Given the last one of all teams by the time I run the third lap, I knew it's time to make a difference, It was easy to catch the first two guys, even though it took me 100 meters to do so, I started to feel tired, leg and feet start failing to listen to my brain, My breath starts to miss the rythm I set for it. I know I was gonna give up. I was slowing down...but so did others, that gave me hope, there were 4 others guys in front of me, and they were slowing down, I knew I should keep it up, all of the sudden, my sored leg started to pick up the rythm, my heart beats were getting insync, my breath, I couldn't remember where my breath were at but I knew I was heading to victory, little by little, I passed 3 others guys in front of me before passing the duty to Gordon who I am sure will be able to fullfill the task, he only had to deal with one guy in front of him since I got rid of 5 for him. 57" for 400 meters, I knew I could be better off around 52 seconds should I not be slowing down. Gordon pulled off 1'02 for the last lap and we won the gold medal! On top of that, I won the 100 meters gold medal with 11"58 and finished with glory of 16x100meters by passing one other guy to grab the silver, given the fact that there are lots of slow people in our team and the champieon team are boy's 16 to 22 years group who are part of some running group, even though none of them are faster than me, but hey, it's the team work. But my parents don't understand why I tried hard to run for this event. They think I am at an age where I should be worring about family, health, and stable job. They know me, but they don't understand my need and dream: I need the box, not the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home