Sunday, March 12, 2006

Launch party

Mar. 10, the Friday. This is the first day my first Internet venture www.2above.com goes live. And It snows on bay bridge of San Francisco! Snow in San Francisco! This is very rare. The air is very cold. It fell hail in Palo Alto, twice a day!

The girls who worked with me on the party were fantastic. Pity was some of those were under 21 and were turned away by the club. Bunny and Branda rocked! Branda told me she was drunk already and asked me to get her more drink so I could take advantage of her. I did so, not on the latter part though. I have hefty bar garrantee to pay anyway. The moment I walked in the makeup room where all the models were doing make up, a girl's fresh face surprised me. I still did not catch her name, but we had small talks, she is over 21, a student of academy art University students. She had her hair all down and asked me if she would look better with her hair up. I said it does. We had a few pix taken in her digital camera. I left her my card.

The fashion show went wild about 11:40pm when my music man Ryan rocked a few sexy beats while girls were sexy and wild on stage. Crowd loved it.

Branda and I definetely had connection, she is a little older and maturer than other girls and understand what it takes to pull off a party like that. I held her hands and walked with her through crowd to get drinks. It felt great. Bunny is the best MC. I just knew it. She and I hugged, and almost kissed. I asked her when we will do our little thing. She asked me what "little thing" I refered to. You know, little things. She asked me to do the wine thing sometime soon.

The party, though, was not a smashing sucess when it came to promote the site. We had some technical difficulty to get projector working which is kinda ridiculous. After first day, the site get 2 real users, one guy, one girl. Thank you thank you thank you. I felt empty, I was drunk, I was driven home by friend. The whole day Saturday I have been thinking about one thing only: how to get the site take off, like what myspace, flickr and the facebook did in a shor period of time. I felt unhopeful, helpless.

This is what Cold play sings in their song: Fix you.

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home